Monday, March 1

Animals

This is Luke. He's Becky's hamster. She named him - I don't know how she came up with Luke. Every time I talk to him I want to use my Darth Vader voice and say "Luke, I am your Fatha." I'm a Star Wars nerd and proud of it.


These tiny girls are Cookie and Brownie. They are Allison's hamsters. She named them - she must've been hungry at the time. They are spoiled and super cute. And basically they are maintenance free. Little bit of food, little bit of water, lavender scented bedding, a place to sleep and play and they're good for a good couple of weeks. A perfect pet, basically. Except that we have to remember to take out their wheel (and Luke's) every night or they keep us awake.

This is Virgil. First his name was Red. Then it was Swimmy. Ruby was in there some place even though I know he's a boy. And now he's Virgil. There's a baseball player named Virgil something, and while semi-watching a game with Ed I heard this name and thought it suited my fish. He needs a new plant in his fish bowl.

This, of course, is Lucy. I almost killed her today. She has been terribly under exercised this winter. I decided today was a good day to get her back into shape with a LONG, UPHILL walk. Have you ever seen a dog walking BEHIND his person? No, probably not. Usually dogs like to lead the way, unless they are about to drop dead from over excursion. Being the uncompassionate person I am, I dragged her along for one more lap. It was downhill and I figured she'd be fine. She made it, came in the house, and collapsed on her bed. I'm sure she can't wait to do it again tomorrow.

This is my blog. It is terribly neglected, and mostly pretty boring. I have some ideas. Maybe I'll share them with you. Stay tuned...