Wednesday, December 23

Being Jesus' Mom...

"Mary did you know that your baby boy has walked where angels trod? And when you kiss your little baby, you kiss the face of God?"
These are words from one of my favorite Christmas songs, Mary Did You Know? It really makes me think about Mary as a mother. The Bible tells us that Mary pondered the events of her son's life. I wonder what she must've been thinking as she looked into His face for the first time. Her baby boy was the promised King, come to provide a way of redemption and salvation. How she must've marveled at her child as he grew into a man who performed miracles and such. Do you think it overwhelmed her? Was she able to wrap her head around the fact that this 'child' was God in the flesh? I have a hard time wrapping my head around it sometimes! And, oh how her heart must've broken as she watched Him suffer as He was crucified! He was on that cross for her, and for all of us. How much of that did she understand? It was a hard thing to be Jesus' mom, don't you think? But what a huge blessing it was too, I'm sure!