Thursday, September 3

So. Tired.

Wiped Out. Day three of school and I am wiped out. Katie seemed spent this morning but has perked up a bit now. Becky is so even keeled it's hard to tell. And Allison was down right grumpy when she got off the bus. Even as I type this I desperately want to lay down and take a NAP! And I'm only working half days!! Must be that getting up early stuff! It stinks! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday and we get a long weekend to rest up.

The first day of school was sort of anti climatic. Everyone got up and out the door without any fuss. It was as if we'd just been on a little break from school and now we just picked up where we left off. I don't know what I expected. This year was so much easier because I didn't have the anxiety of sending my baby off into the big bad world without me for the WHOLE DAY. We're used to that by now. And Katie is just so cool about the whole going to the big high school thing that I wasn't the least bit worried for her. Then of course, Becky has this awesome teacher this year and all her best friends are in her class so no need for worry there either. Hmmm....nice.

I saw one of my little Down Syndrome friends in the hall yesterday. I was walking along, minding my own business when I heard, "It's Mrs. Cook!! Hi Mrs. Cook!" I looked around for the person belonging to the sweet voice HOLLERING my name. I spotted my little friend and went over to give her a hug and do a bit of catching up since we hadn't seen each other all summer. She was really too cute! Stuff like that makes my day.

My tomato plants finally lost the battle against the plight that has destroyed so many tomato plants this year. I have green toms sitting on the vine, but the bottom of the plant is yellowed and pretty much dead. Oh well, I don't really like gardening. There, I said it. I don't like bugs. Bugs live in gardens, I don't like bugs, doesn't seem like a good hobby for me. I do however LOVE tomatoes - I'll need to figure something else out...

That's all. I'm tired now. And my children expect me to feed them dinner. Not sure what I'll do about that.