Thursday, August 27

My Dilemmas

Heading to Maine soon. Ed thought we should drive up tonight. I thought we should leave in the morning. We haven't decided yet. In the meantime I'm packing and getting ready.

There's a storm a-comin'. The tropical kind with lots of rain and wind. It's coming on the day Ed's brother is getting married. Outside. By the ocean. Not good. I hear that plans have been made to move things inside at the same location. Good, I say. I wasn't looking forward to sitting under a tent with the wind threatening to carry us all away! Supposed to be cold too. YIKES! How to dress? What to pack? These are my dilemmas today.

I've been asked to sub at the girls' school for the first two weeks of the school year. I think I will. I was kind of looking forward to taking some time to go through closets and do some general straightening. But, that can wait! Mom and I have our trip to NYC coming up and Christmas shopping will be starting soon. The extra cash would be fantastic! Plus, I'll be doing lunch/recess with Allison's grade each day. How can I say no to that?! You know how I love to get hugs from my little miss during the school day! I'm hoping I'll run into Becky too! That would make it perfect. The little girl I'd work with is familiar to me and I think it'd be a good gig for a couple of weeks.

I guess I'd better get upstairs to pack. UGH! Still not 100% sure what to wear to the wedding. MOM, HELP! I'll probably end up bringing more clothes for this short trip than I did for the longer trip last time!

Now, go batten down the hatches people!