Tuesday, August 25

Tuesday Blah Blah Blah...

I find myself holding on a little tighter to my girls these days. Must be the impending arrival of school. I will miss them. I'll be anxious to hear about their day. I'll be nervous for them as they start this new school year. I don't much like the beginning of the school year. I'm sure I've said that before. At least it's not as bad as last year when I had to send my Little Miss off to kindergarten. THAT was hard.

Right now the girls are upstairs playing together. All three of them. I love when that happens. So far no one is yelling or slamming doors. I think slamming doors is a girl thing. Becky doesn't slam doors but Katie and Allison seem to do it ALOT when they're mad at whoever they're mad at. Becky is pretty mild mannered. She's the most like her dad, personality wise. Allison and Katie are more like me - 'nuf said.

This week marks the 4th anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. I watched a special on the Weather Channel with Brian Williams the other night. It's still amazing to me how destructive that storm was. But the show was more about the plight of the storm survivors during the days and weeks following the storm. We've all heard the stories, but to hear Brian Williams give his account of those events was pretty wild. If it's on again WATCH.

Happy Tuesday!