Wednesday, August 19

A New Record...

Three days people - three days!! Go me!!

Got Ed a new car last night. We drove to a dealership an hour from home to look at some things I'd found online. The first place was overpriced and under professional. So we drove down the road to another place and bought a car there. They were extremely professional and competitively priced. The car we got isn't something I would've ever chosen for Ed but he loves it! It definitely has room for all of us, if need be, and it'll be great on gas! And the best part is that we'll pay less for it than the Jeep! So what is it, you ask? It's a 2006 Saab 9-3 sport-combi wagon. It's black and pretty cool. Like I said, Ed loves it. Katie on the other hand HATES it and insists that she'll be taking the bus to school instead of riding with Ed. She refuses to be seen in a wagon!! Too funny, that girl. So, I've been telling her that we were planning on that being her car when she learns to drive - she doesn't see any humor in that...
Shop Talk: I have an idea rolling around in my head for a short article for young readers. It will require a small amount of research and some creativity. I think I'll approach it as if I'm teaching Allison something. Try to use that language and maybe even bounce some ideas off her. That's one advantage of living with my audience.

Today will include some school supply shopping. I don't typically do a ton of clothes shopping before school starts. We just get pants and new shoes mostly. Then we add to the stash a little at a time, sweaters, long sleeves, more pants, more shoes, etc. It works for us.

Happy Wednesday!