Monday, January 5

Weird Dreams and More Budding Photographer Pics

I had a weird dream last night. I'm a little embarrassed to even tell you about it. But because I aim to entertain my little audience I will. I think I was at Wellby's drugstore - remember I worked there in high school. It was where Hannaford is in downtown Brunswick. Anyway, I think I was standing inside the front door there. I'm also pretty sure that at least one of my children were with me. The part I do remember clearly is the pink turtle -- that flies. At first, in the dream, I thought it was a bug, but as it flew closer I could see that it was a turtle. Its shell was pink and it seemed kind of like a ladybug but with a turtle head and snapping mouth. I was worried that it would get in the store and bite the child I was with. Fortunately I woke up before the pink, snapping turtle sunk its jaws into anyone. Weird, I know. Please don't think less of me because of my strange sub conscience...

I scored bad mommy points AGAIN yesterday. The day was going fine. We got up and went to church. Then came home, had lunch, and sent Ed, Becky, and Allison off to Allison's 1:15 basketball game. I was bringing Katie to the youth group Christmas party. Ed left....and came back. I'd gotten the time wrong and Allison completely missed her game. What a dope I am!! Then at around 2:20 I was cleaning out Allison's school folder. I found a couple of Christmas pictures that she'd done at school along with a birthday party invitation...for Sunday at....2:00!!! I blew it again! Twice in one day, with the same child! Good grief. I felt horrible. She didn't seem too bothered about either thing, disappointed but not TOTALLY BUMMED. Bad, bad, mommy points...

We did make it to Becky's basketball game on Saturday. Allison wanted to take more pictures. They crack me up. I thought you might get a kick out of them too...

This is Allison's little dog dressed as Underdog!

This is Allison's hand posing as a SPIDER!

And some self-portraits...What a clown!

It's a little quiet in my house today with everyone back at school. I volunteered in the library for a little while earlier but now I'm using the time to catch up on some housework and other things I've put off. I even turned down the chance to work with Buddy again this afternoon. I'm pretty available the rest of the week so I don't feel too guilty for saying no. Now that the holidays are over it's time to hunker down and settle in for the LONG winter! I'm sure I'll have plenty of other days to work!

Happy Monday!