Tuesday, December 9

Hi!

I want to start this post by saying "HI!" to our sweet niece, Makenzie! I hear she has become a regular reader of the blog! So, hello Kenzie! We love you and miss you tons!! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks!
I love working as a substitute at our school! Even when I think I know what my job will be for the day, it sometimes is different when I actually get to school. Normally, I don't like unplanned changes. I like very much knowing what to expect - in advance. But this job is not like that AT ALL! And, I'm finding that I actually enjoy that part of it! Hmmm.... Today was supposed to be like yesterday. The morning would be spent as a classroom aide and the afternoon would be one on one with lovable Buddy, who is autistic. When I got to school I was asked if I could spend the entire day with Buddy instead. Our wonderful school secretary insisted that it was entirely up to me if I wanted to change things or leave them as is. But, how could I refuse to help with Buddy for the day? They were extremely short handed in the autism room and that is a pretty big deal. And, Buddy and I like each other - we get along famously, actually, so it was a pretty easy decision. BUT - as I was walking down the hall to Buddy's classroom I saw Allison walking down the hall with her teacher - carrying a trash can. Uh-oh. She was SICK. So, another change of plans. I felt awful for my poor little bug and I felt awful for leaving the autism room short a para. But, I'm so thankful that I was at school when my child needed me and hopefully another day I'll get to spend time with Buddy. Now, I just hope no one else gets sick!

We put up our tree on Saturday. It's a big, huge, fat tree! And it smells SO good! I hope to get some good pictures of it and I'll post them soon!
Well, I suppose I should check on my little miss. Have a great day!