Monday, December 22

Christmas Link

After reading over some of my December posts from years passed I realized that I haven't done much in the way of steering you toward some of my favorite Christmas web sites. This one you may have heard or seen somewhere else but it is certainly worth mentioning on the blog. It's called Soldier's Silent Night. It's just a nice tribute to the men and women who have served and are serving our country as soldiers. It's told from Santa's point of view. I'm definitely a sucker for a good Christmas tale. Enjoy. The link is www.soldiersilentnight.com/

I'm completely over my strep throat! YAY! Katie woke up this morning feeling achy and with a sore throat. yay. I called our pediatrician who graciously decided to just call in a prescription and save us a trip to the doctor's office. The good news is that she'll be germ free by tomorrow afternoon and hopefully feeling MUCH better, just in time for Christmas and our trip to Maine. I'm thinking (hoping, praying) that Allison may have started this whole thing when she was sick a couple of weeks ago. The doctor said it's possible that she carried the virus but didn't have strep herself. That would be good. I went nuts with the Lysol yesterday and aired out the house a bit too so hopefully we've got a handle on it now. New toothbrushes for everyone too. After 72 hours on the meds it's safe to change your toothbrush.

I went out shopping this morning. WOW! What a NUTHOUSE! Target was manageable. The grocery store was not! I haven't shopped for Ed yet - AT ALL. I don't mind the crowds really. I don't enjoy it though when people are rude or grouchy. I guess I've put it off long enough...Time to hit the mall---