Wednesday, December 31

Bye Bye Christmas

We're home from our trip to Maine for Christmas. The travelling was easy. Seriously. No traffic. No arguing among the kiddos. No bad weather. Easy. I'm thankful for that. We blew into town (home) around 2:20 yesterday. Becky had a birthday party to be at so we went directly there. I'm glad she got to go.
Christmas was wonderful, fun, busy. I didn't feel as prepared as usual due to schedules being messed up and people in our house being sick, but Christmas happened anyway and it was perfect. The girls were excited and happy and sweet Christmas morning - that's my favorite part. Katie made a special sign to hang at the top of the stairs for all of us. It said "Merry Christmas" and she must've spent quite a bit of time doing it. Sweet. I'm always surprised by how willing they are to stop what they're doing here at home and get ready to head to Maine. We were on the road by 11:00 a.m. Seeing family is a big motivator. I'll post Christmas pics later, promise.
Today we are hanging out at home. The girls are enjoying their gifts. Becky is on the Wii playing her new Hannah Montana game and Allison is playing her new Leapster Didj. I think Katie is in her room planning the redecoration project we're going to do. She wanted lots of room accessories and other fun things for her room for Christmas, along with clothes and shoes! Typical teenage girl stuff :) The tree needs to come down and decorations need to be put away. I hope we get that done today. I'm not as in a hurry as I usually am to get the house put back together but I'd still like it done SOON! I'd also like to make a trip to TJ Maxx or Home Goods but it's snowing to beat the band right now. Maybe the roads aren't too bad.
Anyone have any big plans tonight to ring in the New Year? Us? No. Never do. I like being home New Year's Eve. I like hanging out with the girls and doing family stuff. I hope you have fun whatever you do tonight.
I'm getting my haircut on Friday. It's too long. It's also HEAVY. I get headaches if I wear it in a ponytail. I'm telling you I have enough hair on my head for THREE people! Time to change things up a bit.
I've got to fold some laundry. Actually I have to fold LOTS of laundry! I'll be camped out in the laundry room for quite awhile! That's the downside to being away - DIRTY CLOTHES!
I'm not one for making New Year's Resolutions but I do like thinking about the passed year and what's changed in our lives since last year at this time. I'd like to do a post on the big deal things our family has experienced in 2008. I'll think on it and get back to you. In the meantime Happy New Year!!