Saturday, November 1

The Week in Review

Been a whole week since I posted. Oops. Been kinda busy around here. Big decisions. Business trips. Halloween. 'Nuf said.

So. Katie is going back to school full time. Now don't go assuming it's because I'm incapable of teaching her or that she's difficult to teach. Fact of the matter is she's an awesome kid with a sweet spirit. It was not an easy decision but I truly feel that she is supposed to be in school. God doesn't seem to want my children in a private christian school or at home. He's made it clear to me that I need to stop fighting Him on this point and just trust that He knows best. That may sound like a bunch of crazy talk to some of you, but for me it's the truth. I'm glad to have help in this journey of raising children and living my life!

I've got me a new job. A paying job. The kind where you go in and work and then leave and then get a paycheck. An actual, for real, paycheck. The kind that can be put in the bank or spent at the mall. I haven't had this kind of a job in 14 years!! I'm now a substitute paraprofessional at Becky and Allison's school. I'll work one on one with special needs learners, help in a classroom, or fill in at lunch and recess duty. Funny that I've done some of this as a volunteer but now I can actually get paid for it. Cool. Being a substitute is right up my alley because I'll still have plenty of time to volunteer in the girls' classes, write, and do my regular errands, and be home with my girls! I'm excited to start.

Ed was gone again all week. I don't like it too much when he's gone. I miss him. The girls miss him. It's too quiet around here. I have to take the trash out and I don't like that too much. The week goes by slowly for all of us. But we love when he gets home! The girls fight for his attention and he bops around the house saying things like, "I love my girls!" He enjoys being the center of attention among his adoring fans!

It snowed this week. Can you even believe that! I'm not talking flurries in the sky but actual, stick to the ground, build a snowman snow!! The girls loved it! I love snow too but in October?- not so much!






Yesterday (Halloween) Katie and Becky both had parties in their classrooms and I volunteered to make cupcakes for both. Then I talked Katie into making the cupcakes. She made over 70 cupcakes! I was so glad that she was willing to do it! The parties were lots of fun. The school does Character Dress Up day where the kids dress as a book character. I loved seeing all the kids dressed up! Allison was Hannah Montana - I know she isn't technically a book character but try telling that to a five year old! Becky was Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz. They both looked adorable! Then of course last night was trick or treating. They got dressed up in different costumes! Katie handed out candy and Lucy tried to devour a chihuahua dressed as a bumble bee. A fun time was had by all...


Becky the Clown ready for some trick or treating!
Allison the Princess in her princess pose!

Today we are getting a couple of house projects done and then heading to Albany. Our house is still officially 'on the market' but no one has looked at it in a couple of months. We figured it was no big deal and we'll just stay here. We like our house. Well, the realtor called and asked if she could show the house on Monday. The listing contract expires this weekend but I told her to go ahead and show it...whatever, right? She'll take the sign with her when their done looking at the house. And if they don't want the house that's fine - it will be off the market and we won't be showing it to anyone else. Still, there are a couple of small projects that should be done before people come traipsing through here. I'm so glad Ed is here to do them!! I'm sure that right about now, he is too!
No soccer this weekend! This is the first time since Labor Day! Next weekend is a tournament in Rhode Island and then we are officially done with the fall soccer season! The tournament is fun - we get to stay in a beautiful hotel, in a beautiful spot, close to Providence, and with a pool! Not a shabby way to spend a weekend!

And finally...a video that demonstrates Katie's evil tendencies!