Wednesday, November 5

My Favorite Blogs - Part 1

I went to work yesterday for the first time in nearly 14 years! For three hours I got to color, read books, play math bingo, and listen to calendar time and classroom election relsults! I was working one on one with a little girl in first grade. She was a sweet girl with chubby, freckled cheek who liked to hold my hand. It was a good first day of work.

Of course the big news at school, and everywhere for that matter, was the election. Allison has a competitive spirit. It was difficult for her to be bantered about her choice for president. She held firm though and defended her choice. At home she was glued to Fox News as we watched the election results trickle in, no I'm not kidding! She kept saying, "I want to watch the voting Mommy!" So we did. You may see her on Fox News one day as a political analyst! Of course I'm disappointed in the results. I really feel that many voters didn't do their homework on the president elect before they voted. With great restraint I will leave it at that...

For the next few posts I thought I'd highlight the awesome blogs I read. There are tons of bloggers in bloggerland and I only read a handful but they are GOOD! Today I want to introduce you to The Pioneer Woman. Ree Drummond is the blogger. She and her husband are raising their four children on a working cattle ranch in Oklahoma. Her blog is chalk full of fabulous photography, recipes, and anecdotes from her life on the ranch. Currently, her husband and two daughters are visiting the Dominican Republic with Compassion International. Compassion is close to my family's heart and reading Ree's updates from her family's visit is truly inspiring. Read about Compassion International here and then go to Ree's blog and read the first hand account of what Compassion does and the impact the visit is having on Ree's family. Spend some time perusing older posts from the different areas of the site. You'll love getting to know this modern day Pioneer Woman!