Sunday, November 16

This and That

I'll get back to blogging about my favorite blogs next time. I have at least one more I'll share with you.

I worked a full day on Thursday and a half day on Friday with a little boy with Down Syndrome. He was very sweet. Everyone who knows this kid loves him. We'd walk down the hall together and all along the way people (kids and adults) would stop to say hi or hug him. He'd light up and share their enthusiasm! Being in the classroom with him was a bit of a challenge. I was at least the third person to work with him that week and he'd clearly had enough. He was stubborn about many things and I was completely unsure of how to encourage him to do what he was supposed to be doing. Finally, we took a walk down to the special ed room and got some help. He was very excited about having computer time and that became a great motivator for getting him to do his work. That was kind of a turning point for us. It was really all about us getting to know each other. He's a good boy and I genuinely hope I get to work with him again sometime. He pretty much won me over when I caught him staring at me early that first day. When I looked up at him I smiled. He smiled back real big and said, "You're pretty."

A friend loaned me a couple of books from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. It's written for teens but it's so good it doesn't matter what the intended audience is! I know it's now a movie - at least the first book is - but really, when a book becomes a movie it's always a good idea to read the book BEFORE you see the movie! I read the entire first book yesterday (500 and some odd pages) and today have gotten deep into the second book. Good stuff. A little creepy but GOOD!

My big goal for the week is to make pumpkin cookies. My kids love them! Somehow I have not found time to bake them yet. This week girls - I promise!! Uh-oh, now I have to do it!