Friday, November 21

My Favorite Blogs - Part 4 -- And Other Stuff

I've worked quite a bit this week. It's been fun and challenging, but mostly fun. I like being in a different classroom each time I'm at school and getting to know different kids. Monday I actually spent part of the day in Becky's class and the other part in Allison's class. Today I was the librarian. That was a bit more work than I'd imagined but I had a good day!

I did get to make Pumpkin Cookies this week. They are a favorite in our house and they never last long. Here's the recipe:

Mix the following:

1 1/1 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup shortening
2 eggs
1 can pumpkin (or pumpkin puree!)
2 3/4 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. slat
1/2 tsp. nutmeg

Stir in 1 cup of butterscotch chips and 1 cup of walnuts, if desired. We do the chips but no nuts.

Spoon onto a greased cookie sheet and bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes. Depending on the size you could get up to 6 dozen. Enjoy!

I promised another blog recommendation. Faithful Froggers is another amazing blog. Heather is the mother of 5 children and lives in the Tampa, Florida area. She has a set of triplets, one of whom passed away about two years ago. His name was Jacob and he had a rare form of cancer. Heather is so open about her grief, but she is also extremely full of hope, full of joy, and full of faith. Her family adopted a beautiful little girl from Guatemala about a year ago and Heather shares her family's joy at having this special addition to their family. You'll feel like you know this family after reading just a bit of Heather's blog. And you'll feel truly blessed by her unwavering faith. So those are my favorite blogs for now. I'm always checking out new blogs based on the recommendations of other blog readers. I'll let you know if I come across any other great reads!!

I'm now reading the third book in the Twilight series. The movie is in theaters starting today. My friend, Natalie, and I have plans to go see the movie together. She's the one who got me hooked on them!! I hope the movie does the book justice! Don't bother to try and sign them out from your local library. There is no doubt a huge waiting list! I tried to sign out book three and there were eleven people already waiting - I went to Barnes & Noble and bought the book instead! Anyway, find the books if you can - you'll love them!!

Basketball is starting this weekend for Allison and Rebecca. I can't wait to watch the little kindergartners trying to play! Rebecca is an old pro by now - at her age it starts to get more competitive and really fun to watch. I'll try to get some good pictures to share.

Have a great weekend!