Thursday, October 16

More Fish!

Last night was fish night. I must say that the idea of adding something healthy to my family's diet is the driving force behind trying to overcome my lifelong aversion to fish. I'd like to have more variety and who knew there were so many kinds of fish out there just waiting for me to cook 'em!!! I find that when I spend some time getting a bit adventurous in the kitchen I really enjoy cooking - did I just admit that?!- Must be that I enjoy feeding my family healthy meals... So here's last night's recipe.

Quick Easy 'n Fast Crusty Potato Fish Fillets Recipe

6 white fish fillets, about 3/4 inch thick (I used Haddock)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
pinch salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 4 oz. pouch roasted garlic mashed potatoes or regular instant potatoes

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover broiler pan with foil and grease well or spray with nonstick vegetable spray.

In a medium bowl, beat eggs and lemon juice; add salt and pepper to egg mixture. Empty pouch of potatoes into a separate medium size bow.

Dip fish fillets in egg mixture, then into dry potatoes and coat both sides. Spread fillets on prepared broiler pan and bake in preheated oven for 10 - 15 minutes. Set oven to broil and cook until tops are golden brown. (If you cook in a convection oven you probably won't need to broil as the tops brown while they cook).

Makes 6 servings.

Note: Fillets may be grilled or sauteed in hot vegetable oil.