Wednesday, October 15

Apples and More

We went apple picking a couple of weekends ago. The orchard we went to was gorgeous! Picture a hillside sprinkled with different hues of red, orange, and gold. Then imagine an apple orchard with the brightest red apples you've ever seen carved out in the middle of the hill. All around us the cozy colors of autumn oozed their warmth while the chill of the October breeze made us hug our jackets tighter to us. A truly perfect autumn day!

Little Miss among the apples

Yum!
Katie.
These faces are so mischievous!
If you squint your eyes and cock your head to one side you may be able to distinguish the house at the top of the orchard. The owners of the orchard live here. Can you even imagine what it would be like to enjoy that view everyday!?



Shop Talk: I received another rejection letter. This time from Boys' Quest. However, this time the editor wrote me a short note at the bottom of the form letter. This is not the usual way it works! Apparently my article was good but the theme it fell under (baseball) is "full at this time." So, while I was disappointed that they didn't take it I'm glad it wasn't rejected because of its lack of merit. I'll take that as a good thing. I'm still waiting to hear from Cricket about the same article. I also submitted a short (125 words)story to a writing contest. I won't find out anything about that until February, I think. I'm also waiting to hear from my instructor about the Whoopie Pie article I submitted for my final assignment. When that comes back I'll fix it up and send it out to magazines. In the meantime I need to get my writing butt in gear and get some more stuff written and ready to submit!! Honestly, I'm just not spending the time filtering through ideas and organizing my thoughts.

Becky and Allison apparently really enjoy riding the bus in the mornings. Allison announced that it's 'so fun because the kids can scream!' Wrong, Little Miss...no screaming on the bus! I'm glad it's such a fun way to start the day!

I'm trying another fish recipe tonight. This one is made with Haddock. We'll see. I'll post the recipe if it's any good. I mean, if my family thinks it's any good. I have a hard time looking at fish let alone eating it. I made a homemade pizza last night. Homemade crust and everything. I don't have a bread machine so I did the dough thing by hand. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. The pizza turned out pretty good. I am going to look for a bread machine at our local thrift stores though. It would be so much easier!!