Thursday, August 14

Woe is Me...

We had an offer on our house. The first one. It didn't work out. We were too far apart money wise to be able to come to an acceptable agreement. After I hung up with the realtor this morning I felt a very literal cloud of discouragement surrounding me. It was almost so real I could see it and feel it. For a few moments I let myself be enveloped by it. I lamented about how I was feeling so optimistic last week, even though nothing was really happening with the sale of our house. I was comfortable with whatever was going to happen or not happen. I liked being in that place. Then these folks came along. So I allowed myself to wallow and despair. Then I hung my head and asked God to take me back to the place I was last week. He did. Sort of. It's a choice I have to make to let Him bring me back. I think I'll probably have to consciously choose that several times today, this week, etc. And seriously, with God anything can happen. We'll see.

I'm trying to make a grocery list. I keep getting distracted. I do not enjoy grocery shopping and have been putting it off for days now. Last night we ate Kentucky Fried Chicken because there was nothing to cook at home and I didn't want to figure out what to get at the store that I could cook. It cost us nearly $35 to eat at KFC. How sad. If we're going to spend $35 on eating out at least we could've gone somewhere better! However, there really isn't cole slaw that good anywhere else...

Today we're headed to the outlet mall for some school shopping. I've gotten a couple of coupons in the mail for stores there and I'm hoping to find some back to school deals as well. Jeans for Becky is tops on my list. They really are the staple of any wardrobe and she is in need of a couple of pairs. We'll be checking out the sneakers too at the Stride Rite outlet and Famous Footwear. I just love one stop shopping. Park once, shop til you drop...

Happy Thursday...