Sunday, August 31

Extensively Informative

Here it is the last day of August and I've neglected my blog terribly this month. However, I aim to redeem myself with this extensively informative post. Ha.

1.I think we've decided NOT to sell our house. Let's face it; the housing market just isn't what it was a couple of years ago and folks don't have the same spending power they did either, what with gas prices and everything else prices going through the roof!! And besides, I happen to really like my house.


So this will remain "Home Sweet Home."

2. Along with NOT selling our house, we have decided NOT to send Katie to the private christian school we were initially planning to send her to. Instead we are going to homeschool her using an online curriculum. She will attend math class at the middle school and perhaps an elective but her other core subjects will be taught at home. I'm as surprised as you are to hear myself speak of homeschooling my 8th grader but I'm convinced this is the path we are to be on. God will let us know if/when this isn't the right path for us anymore. But for now it's the way we're going.

3. In two weeks we've had a total of NINE house guests. Eight of them were here at the same time. Can you say FULL HOUSE?! It may have been a bit chaotic and crazy but it was a blast - memories that will last a lifetime. Needless to say we've been a bit busy with our company and loving every minute of it. In two more weeks my parents are coming down. Good times, people, good times!

4. Becky got a very cute haircut and Allison decided I should cut her hair too, including her bangs. Now they look more alike than ever! And then Miss Katie got her braces off and her smile is just so dern pretty!!

5. We made a mad dash to enjoy the last bits of summer this weekend. That meant some more time on the boat. We got a great end of season deal on a tube so that's what we did - TUBING!

Here's Katie and Allison zipping along behind the boat. Doesn't Little Miss look so tiny?

And here's Becky before we sent her on her way. My little Becky can be quite adventurous sometimes which always takes me by surprise!

The day after tomorrow school begins. And I ask you, Does this little girl LOOK old enough to be going off to school ALL day without her mother?! Does she LOOK big enough to go out into the big bad world without her mother?! I mean, look at her. She's just a BABY!

Sweet dreams Little Miss...