Tuesday, August 12

Whoopie Pies for Breakfast?!

I had a Whoopie Pie for breakfast. With a glass of milk. I would NEVER allow my children to eat such un-nutricious, 'junk' food for breakfast, but they weren't around and the Whoopie Pies were calling to me from their individually wrapped pile on the counter. I started with just a bite - you know to get the craving out of my system. That, of course, didn't work and one bite lead to another. After two bites I shrugged my shoulders, poured a glass of milk, and sat down with my breakfast at the computer for my morning dose of internet. I'll eat a healthier lunch - unless we go to the mall and McDonald's is the only thing we can all agree on :)

Summer is apparently over in New England. August is always a bit undecided on whether or not it would like to participate in summer or autumn. This year August has clearly decided to go with autumn. That is such a bummer but what can we do. With global warming threatening every aspect of our environment you can't blame old August for trying to counteract the negative affects of too much warm weather. Maybe September will appease us all and be extra warm - by then what does it matter? The kiddos will be in school, apples will want to be picked, and my porch will look so pretty with warm colored mums lining the stairs. I guess the temperature doesn't matter as long as the sun is shining...Sun? Oh, Sun, where are you? Sun? Hmmph!

I finished Something Blue by Emily Giffin. It was so good. Much better than I expected it to be. Go find it at your library! Becky has recently discovered the Magic Attic Club books. She's reading them faster than we can get to the library to sign more out! And Katie is completely HOOKED on Janette Oke books. There are several series written by her and Katie LOVES a good book series. The books are wholesome love stories perfect for a Katie's age. There've been days when Katie has barely come out of her room due to being wrapped up in a book. I have a feeling that once Allison starts reading she'll be like her sisters and LOVE to read! I hope so!

Happy Tuesday!