Tuesday, July 1

No Good News

No good news today. Apparently the world didn't have anything good happen in it. I searched high and low - and got depressed in the process. Do you realize how much BAD stuff you have to read to find anything REMOTELY positive? I'll spare you the gory details. Apparently though, if you live in Denmark you are happier than most people in the world. If you live in Zimbabwe you are sad, sad, sad. The U.S. ranks 16th on the list of the world's happiest countries. That's because Americans tend to be sniffling, whiny pants who take everything for granted and then want more, more, MORE! Sorry, I couldn't help it. Anyway, here's the closest thing I could find to good news.
In other news, Allison had her first tennis lesson this morning. She LOVED it. I've tried like crazy to get my other two to do it and they won't! Too bad for them. Their little sister will soon be kicking their butts at tennis in real life - not just on the Wii!
We'll be leaving for Maine in the morning. I dread the drive but I am looking forward to seeing everyone. My dear friend Katie will be in Maine visiting from Ohio. I especially can't wait to see her. It's been too long since we've seen each other! I always think of that Girl Scout song, "Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other's gold." Old friends really are the best, aren't they?
I hear squabbling among my troops. Must go. If I don't blog before then - Happy Fourth!