Tuesday, July 8

A Great Visit to Maine

I hope everyone had a great Fourth! We returned home after a nice long weekend in Maine. What a nice trip we had. Thursday morning I met some old friends for brunch, including Katie from Ohio. It was nice to catch up with everyone and to enjoy a morning out among adults! Friday, the Fourth, we watched the Bath parade from our favorite spot across from the Puffin Stop. More of our friends and family gathered to watch with us. My kids had their cousins and grandparents too! It was a great time! Friday afternoon we had a surprise 60th birthday party for my Dad at Reid State Park. We found this fairly private little spot with fantastic rocks to sit on, a little sandy beach, beautiful driftwood that I wanted to take home, and rocks to climb on and explore. The weather was perfect! We all had a blast! Allison must've said a hundred times how much fun she had at the beach! More friends and family made the day wonderful! That evening we all headed to Freeport for fireworks. They put on an awesome show! There must've been about 25 of us in our group watching together. It was great! Saturday morning I got to visit with my dear friend Liza and her family. That was such a special time and I'm so glad I got to see them! I hope to visit with them again sometime soon! We had a cookout at my in laws that afternoon, and Saturday night we went to a friend's house for another cookout. All of our kids had known each other at church and it was neat to see how they all interact now. They ranged in age from 14 to 3 and they got along great! They played hide and seek and kick ball while us adults got reacquainted. Sunday we went to our old church which I love because it's so nice to see our 'family' there. The afternoon was filled with more visiting and Monday we left early to come home. As you can imagine we were pretty tuckered out when we got back. I was in bed by 8:30 last night!

At 8:00 this morning our water got turned off. Apparently this was a planned thing and I missed the memo! Fortunately, I'd already taken my shower. However, I was completely unprepared. We had no water to drink, wash or hands with, or flush the toilet with. Had I known I would've filled the tub with water for flushing at least! So off we went after tennis to the grocery store for gallons of water.

Here's a few pictures from the Fourth at the beach. Enjoy.