Sunday, June 8

Just Random Nothingness

I find myself with absolutely nothing to blog about. How can that be? My thougts are very random today. For instance, I'm sitting here at the computer trying to put together some sort of entry then I glance into the dining room and see that I have some dishes to put away. Now my mind has wandered to why the dishes are there, if I should open the windows in that room, and how I wish there were another window on the far wall. I get lost in all those thoughts and the blog gets nuthin'! Behind me I hear Becky patiently explaining to Allison how to make a paper fan. I wish Becky was my big sister when I was small. Allison has no idea how blessed she is. In the family room Lucy is laying in the corner partially under my armless chair, drooling her globby dog drool onto the wood floor. It's too hot for her to lay on her dog bed and drool there. I can hear the pool filter running outside, keeping the pool all sparkling clean and ready for action. Now Allison is sitting on the floor in front of Lucy and fanning her with three paper fans. Lucy keeps blinking in anticipation of getting smacked with one. Becky has joined Allison. Speaking of Becky... she is famous in this house for talking in her sleep, which can be pretty funny. Last night Ed went in to kiss her before coming to bed. As he kissed her she stirred a little and started rubbing Ed's arm while saying "I love you Lucy, I love you Lucy." So sweet. Man she loves that dog! And the dog loves her right back.
After church today the girls will probably swim for a bit. I have an appointment to do a Home Visit for Labs 4 Rescue. This family is adopting a senior black lab. He looks adorable in the pictures and his write up reminds me of Lucy. I think my family may come with me. We'll see.
The girls still have two full weeks of school. It's supposed to be sweltering hot for the next couple of days. Schools in New England don't have central air. My girls are going to wilt! Actually Katie has a field trip tomorrow to go Geocaching which is kind of like Letterboxing. She'll be hiking in the forest! At least she'll be in the shade most of the time! Becky has a concert at school tomorrow. The gym will be an oven. Then on Wednesday her class is going on a field trip. Such a busy time of year, full of fun stuff. I'm planning to send Allison to a short little camp at her preschool this week. Three mornings and three hours each day. We were pretty bored last week so I figure this will help her out and I'll get some time to really focus on my article! Speaking of articles...the crows that woke me up this morning have given me a new idea for an article. I tried to do an article on crows before - they really are interesting birds -but I couldn't narrow the subject down far enough. I think I have a good idea this time.
Time to round up the troops for church. Happy Sunday!