Monday, May 12

Big Drama

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day! It was perfect weather here! We did a couple of projects around the house. I love feeling productive!


The garage got emptied, swept, and painted.



And the back deck got washed and re stained. Katie helped with both projects. I did the deck with her and she and Ed painted the garage. What a big help!

We also replenished bark mulch and weeded the little gardens around the yard. So now the everything looks lovely. Let that be a hint to you about what we're up to...... More info to come - promise.

Big drama after our soccer game on Saturday. But first let me tell you how well my little team did! They were great! Everyone got into it and they were excited about being goalie and getting into the game! I was so proud. Allison scored a goal! And she stopped a couple as our goalie! I felt like it went very well! However, after the game a parent came up to me to say how she was concerned about something. Apparently one of the other parents was smoking during the game and this parent was bothered by it - rightly so! I assured her that I would speak to the smoker and she told me that her husband was speaking to her. Fine - maybe that would be the end of it. Not so. Before I left, this concerned parent came and told me that the smoker had been very rude and nasty to the concerned parent's husband. Uh-oh. I told her again that I would take care of it and if I was met with any hostility I would call the youth sports director and let him handle it. Well, after I left these two parties had more words so the concerned parents went and spoke to the director themselves. He handled it. The smoker's child is no longer on my team. Too bad. I guess her smoking is more important than her child playing soccer. I'm so glad that I didn't have to get involved, although I was willing to step in and try to fix it. Oh well. It would've come up sooner or later - probably good to deal with it early on. On the bright side, after how well Saturday's game went I'm really looking forward to our practice tomorrow night!

Shop Talk: I got my Assignment 8 back from my instructor. She loved my article ideas! There were virtually no corrections or suggestions on my outlines! I'm so excited to turn the outlines into finished products now! YAY! She wasn't as impressed with my story synopsis. I wasn't real impressed with it either, truth be told. I really think non-fiction is my niche. I love the research part of it. Coming up with ideas seems to be easier too. Two more assignments and I'm done with my course! WOW!