Wednesday, April 30

Who Would You Meet?

I got this idea from another blog I read. If I could spend time with anyone, from any time, who would it be and what would I say? Hmmm.... Of course, being the Christian woman I am, I know the 'right' answer is Jesus. But I have to ask myself if that's truly the one person I'd pick. In a sense, I already have the opportunity to meet with Jesus anytime I wish. We meet through Bible study and prayer and yes, He does answer my questions and listen to my ramblings. He also calms my fears, encourages my heart, and shows the path He wants me to take. I'm thankful that I don't have to wish to visit with Him - I just have to set aside time to do it; He's always waiting to meet with me. :) So I've come up with someone else. If I could meet with anyone, from any time it would be my daughters - in the future. I'd like to see and talk to them when their grown, ask them how I did as a mom. I'd want them to be brutally honest so I could take what they said and change the kind of mom I am now. At least I think I'd like to meet them in the future. Scary concept. But wouldn't it be cool to be the age I am now and get transported like they did on Star Trek, to the future where my girls would be, let's say, 38, 34, & 30. They'd all be at a neighborhood park with their own children. One of them would see me and think I was someone new that they'd never seen before. Then she'd see me up close and think how familiar I looked. I would recognize them instantly and probably burst into tears! After I composed myself I'd say hello and start a conversation. They'd all start thinking to themselves that I looked and acted SO much like their mom! After some careful, safe small talk I'd reveal who I was. The air would flood with their questions. We'd laugh, cry, and hug each other. Then I'd ask them how I did as their mom. I am unable to imagine this part of my pretend meeting with my daughters in the future. I hope I'd be met with unstoppable chatter recalling the many happy memories they each had of their childhood. I hope they'd be able to say that I was the best mom in the whole world. The best part of my pretend meeting would be to see them all, grown up, happy, healthy, and living wonderful God serving lives! That is my prayer for all of them - Happy, healthy, God serving lives...