Tuesday, April 29

The Mundane

We survived back-to-school Monday. Everyone was up on time and things went smoothly; until Allison and I left Becky's school. Then Little Miss had a great big sob fest over how much she missed her sister. It was pathetic. She sobbed all the way home, then came inside, crawled up on the couch, and sobbed some more. I tried to comfort her to no avail. So I did the only thing I knew would work - I turned on the TV. She was over it instantly.

Today is swimming lessons and groceries. I know, the details of my mundane routine are boring. Can I just say that I despise doing groceries? I'd almost rather clean the toilet- almost. Speaking of cleaning the toilet; I cancelled my dentist appointment to have my wisdom teeth out. Noooo not because I'm a chicken. Because I mentioned to someone about my appointment and who my dentist was and she got very quiet. I urged her to tell me what she knows of my dentist. She gave me a detailed account of how this particular dentist has caused her husband great amounts of dental grief. Hmmm....I decided to mention my dentist to a couple of other folks I know including a dental hygienist. I was met with the same silence. After more urging they fessed up that this dentist is, shall we say, known for causing dental grief. I try to make my own opinions concerning such things but in this case, where I am a bit of a baby when it comes to the dentist, I'm erring on the side of caution and staying as far from that place as possible! (By the way, I would rather clean the toilet than go to the dentist!)

It rained all day yesterday, last night, and this morning. I decided to cancel our soccer practice for tonight. Murphy's Law states that now that I've officially cancelled practice, the clouds will part, the sun will emerge in all its radiance, and the temperature will rise to 60 degrees! That's the way it always works! And as a matter of fact it has stopped raining (hopefully just temporarily!) Yesterday I was sitting at the computer when I heard a bang, banging noise coming from the back deck. I looked out the back door just in time to see the patio umbrella being lifted by the wind. YIKES! I ran outside - in the pouring down rain - and tried to close the umbrella. It wouldn't close! I practically hung on the thing with all my weight to try to close it. I was getting very wet! If anyone saw me, they most definitely got a good laugh! I finally did get it closed! What a sight that must've been.


Speed ahead 2 hours....


We've just returned from swimming lessons. We didn't get to go grocery shopping (Oh Darn!). As we were pulling into the grocery store parking lot Little Miss started making strange sounds from the back seat. She was eating popcorn and I thought she was choking. I quickly checked to see if she was alright and she said, "I'm siiiick," in a weak little voice. I sped into a parking space, threw the ignition into park, and jumped out of the van as she was making more "I'm siiick" noises. When I opened her door she was white but said, "I'm fine." That's Allison for you. No time for being sick. I took her out of the van anyway and let her stand between our van and the car next to us for a few minutes while I dumped out the swimming bag and found something she could throw up in. She didn't get sick. I rebuckled her and we came home. I glanced in the rear view mirror and found her dozing on the way home. Now she is all snuggled up with her doggie and lamb and a cozy blanket, watching Alice In Wonderland. Poor pickle. Hopefully that's it, no real puke to deal with! I know, just what you love to read about...sorry.

FYI - you can get a free kids ticket to Six Flags with $10 off a general admission ticket for an adult in specially marked packages of Lunchables. Now before you go judging me for buying sodium loaded, preservative filled junk for my kids lunch let me plead my case. I don't usually buy lunchables - my neighbor passed on this information to me. I did go and buy a few for the free ticket. Free Tickets, People!