Wednesday, March 12

My Corny Poem

Shop Talk: I noticed that I haven't done any shop talk in awhile. I've taken a little break I guess. I've started to read my Assignment 8 instructions. My head is about to explode! There is so much information to process! For instance, did you know that there are at least 12 different story categories? Did you know there are at least 9 different article categories? The different categories tend to overlap and yet each one requires its own special technique. I've got to come up with three story ideas or article ideas or a combination of the two. I will outline them and /or prepare synopsis to go with them. I think there's more but I haven't read that far yet!! I have enough trouble coming up with one good idea let alone three! Although, I did want to do an article on Ghana (actually some interesting tidbit about Ghana) so I think I will go forward with that. One down, two to go! I haven't heard back from my instructor yet about assignment 7. I did submit it to my critique group and they all had wonderful suggestions and lots of encouragement! It will be interesting to compare what the group had to say about the story compared with my instructor's comments.


Now since I want to embarrass myself I'm going to attempt to write a little poem. I don't want it to be too good, however lest you all be extremely jealous of my incomprehensible talent...
Tucker

Tucker, Tucker are you ready?
I'm going to school. I can bring my teddy.
We'll play some games and sing some songs.
Don't you want to come along?
Let's get you dressed. Where's your shirt?
Oh, no. It fell in the dirt.
That's okay. You still look cute
Only wearing your birthday suit.

Corny, I know. What did you expect for a poem that came off the top of my head in less than five minutes!! LOL!