Tuesday, March 11

Five Years Ago...

Five years ago...
I was waiting for my baby girl to be born. I'm sure in this picture I'm on the phone checking on my girls to make sure they are all set as they wait for the arrival of their new sister. I was so ready for Allison to be born. I remember dealing with severe sciatic pain that last few weeks.

After my contractions started around 4:30 in the afternoon things went very quick. Allison was born at 7:30 pm. 7 lbs. 15 oz. of screaming baby girl! She screamed from the moment she was born until she was snug as a bug in her mother's arms - sometimes she's still like that! I love how petrified Becky and Katie look! Can't you imagine them thinking, "She's coming home with us!?



We are pretty sure that our sweet baby girl sucked her thumb even before she was born. This picture was taken the first night. She is still a major thumb sucker!



Today Allison is a charming, sweet little girl with a tender spirit. She's inquisitive and imaginative. She loves all things girl but doesn't mind getting messy. Her sense of humor is infectious. So is her smile. She loves to cuddle. She loves music and caterpillars and books. She makes me laugh. She is my joy.




By the way, Check out Allison's ears...Yes, she got them pierced! Her birthday party was the other day at Michael's craft store. She had 10 little friends there. What a fun time we had. All of the mom's stayed so it was great to visit with everyone while our wonderful party planner, Kathy, handled the activities! Allison was a wonderful hostess and was so kind as she opened each gift. I was really proud of her. She really is growing up. Sniff. Sniff.

Happy Birthday Little Miss!