Monday, January 28

BFFL and Nylon Gloves

I have a ton of things that need to get done but I promised myself I'd post three times a week so I'm making time! Allison is busy coloring a picture for her friend Crystal. Today at school Crystal gave Allison a necklace that she made. It is beautiful rainbow colors with the letters BFFL in the center. In case you don't know, BFFL stands for Best Friends For Life. Isn't that cute? I also have to tell you about this little fetish that Allison has. You know those little nylon socks that you use when trying shoes on at the store? Well, Allison LOVES to wear them as gloves. We were in DSW the other day and she was thrilled to see an entire box of her gloves! Fortunately I was able to convince her to take only one for each hand. This morning when I went into her room, she was all dressed, with her hood from her sweatshirt on her head and a glove on each hand. She really is too much.

Shop Talk: Heather asked where I found the writing course I'm taking. It's actually kind of hokey. I'd seen the ad a million times in different magazines I read. You've probably seen it too and haven't given it much thought, just like me. Well one day I decided to fill out the little card requesting more information. The info came along with a writing aptitude test. No cost or obligation just answer some writing type questions and return it. So I did. The questions included a couple of essays and a couple more fill in the blank type things. A few weeks later I got a letter from the school informing me that I passed the aptitude test and inviting me to sign up for their course. So I did. The school is called The Institute of Children's Literature. Check them out online. I believe you can even answer the aptitude questions on their website. I've been so impressed with the knowledge I'm gaining from the course as well as how it really stretches my thinking.

Now I really do need to get to my housework. Bible study is here tonight and I need to dust, vacuum, fold clothes, make dinner, let the dog out, etc. You get the point!

Ending with Scripture:
Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness, And for His wonderful works to the children of men! Psalm 107:8