Thursday, December 20

A New Microwave

Good news...we have purchased a new microwave! We decided to go with an LG. We've had GE appliances forever and haven't had good luck so we're trying something new. LG gets good ratings and they seem to have something in every price bracket. I'm looking forward to having it soon!

I think I included this link last year but I though I'd post it again for anyone interested. It's a website where your kids can e-mail Santa! Check it out!

Today was a good mail day. We got ALL Christmas cards! I love good mail days. They don't happen very often, do they!?

Tomorrow is our cookie party. I want to bake the cookies ahead of time. I wonder when I will do that. Maybe they'll be coming out of the oven when the kiddos arrive. That may be what works!

Christmas time always forces me to get my kids toys organized. I like to donate some old toys to make room for the new ones. I'm planning a Wal*Mart trip later to get some canvas bins and a rolling storage cart for Allison's room. She has the most LITTLE things that need to constantly be sorted out. I have them all sorted and in various types of baskets and little bags but I need something a little different. Most of her toys are in her closet which is deep enough for a book shelf and some floor space where she likes to play. I have a shoe storage thing hanging on the door and another storage thingy for stuffed animals on the wall in there. I have the storage bins on the bookshelf. It's amazing what we've fit in there with room to spare! I think that's the advantage of keeping it organized! It can be time consuming but worth it! She LOVES to play in her room! I did Becky's room a month or so ago and I did the same sort of thing in her room with the canvas storage bins on the bookshelf in her closet. It definitely helps them to put things away in the right spot if the know where to put them!

Can you believe I've posted 11 times in December so far? I'm on some kind of roll! I also wanted to post this link. You've got to check it out. This little boy Logan is an amazing boy. He is wise beyond his years.

FIVE days until Christmas! We woke to a fresh coating of fluffy white snow. Perfect Christmas weather!