Tuesday, December 18

More Blah, Blah, Blah

The Biggest Loser season finale is on tonight. Kind of bitter sweet, you know. I can't wait to see how amazing the contestants all look now compared to the beginning of the season. But, I don't want the show to end! Fortunately, a new season is supposed to start in January! If you haven't watched before you MUST check it out!

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by what I must have accomplished by Friday. I say Friday because after that the girls will be home and it will be impossible to shop or wrap with them here. And since we had ANOTHER snow day yesterday, I lost valuable time! Allison is only in school three mornings a week and that's the time I use to get LOTS of stuff done! So, today I feel tired and a bit achy. I will feel better tomorrow after I've been to the mall (again!) and hopefully finished my shopping! I literally only have a couple more things to get. I only have about an hour to finish because Allison's class party is tomorrow and all the parents get to go. Deeeeeep breath.....

My beautiful Christmas tree is DEAD. Crispy dead. Brittle dead. Coming down very soon after Christmas dead!! For some reason it stopped drinking the water. Why does that happen? I guess we won't be putting our tree up so early next year. I think I say that every year.

We will be headed to Maine next week. I'm hoping it will be a bit of a relaxing trip. I want to go to the ocean. I don't think I've ever been to the beach in the winter but I'm sure it's as beautiful as ever. It'll be cold but worth it. Allison has no memory of the ocean. That makes me sad. I want her to love it like I do. To see the amazing beauty and power of the waves. To see that our God is so powerful that He can make wild ocean waves crash onto the shore and also make silent snowflakes float to the ground. I want her to see God's hand in ALL of creation. My girls each have such a unique way of processing the world around them. It blesses my heart when they point things out to me. I don't want them to ever take the beauty around them for granted.

The sun is bright today. There's even a bit of melting going on outside. That's good. We may get over 30 degrees this week. I can't believe how cold and snowy it has been already. This is how winter is SUPPOSED to be!

A quote just came to mind. I heard it on Clash of the Choirs last night. It will be my motto from now on! We're too Blessed to be Stressed!