Thursday, November 15

A Little of This and A Little of That

We've been to a couple of restaurants recently that have these Sweet Potato Fries and my mom made them once when she was down for a visit. I thought I'd try to make them. I didn't have an actual recipe but I figured, how hard could they be! They were easy, yummy, and good for you too! So here you go -- try them out!

Sweet Potato Fries

Wash 3 sweet potatoes and cut them into french fries (leave the skins on). Put them in a bowl and sprinkle with about 2 tsp. Oregano, 1 tsp. Salt, and 1/2 tsp. Pepper. Drizzle Olive Oil over the fries and mix thoroughly. I used about 1 Tbsp. Spread fries in a single layer on a cookie sheet and cook for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. Remember to flip fries after about 20 min. Enjoy!


I'm officially half way through my writing course. I mailed in assignment 5 yesterday! YAY! This assignment required me to do a character sketch and then create a monologue for the character. It took me awhile to get into it but once I sat down to write it out it came together easily. My last assignment was to write a non fiction article. I really enjoyed that one! I struggled at first with a topic but once I figured out what I was going to write about it practically wrote itself. My instructor has encouraged me to submit it to a magazine for publication. I won't give you any more details until (unless) it works out. I'm excited about the possibility of seeing my writing published but also extremely nervous about submitting it. It's very likely that I will receive MANY rejection letters before my writing finally gets into print. I'm trying to be realistic. We'll see.

The girls had a half day of school today. We went to see Bee Movie. It was cute. There was some adult humor that, in my opinion, was borderline inappropriate. I never understand why movie makers have to tarnish a perfectly good story with some unnecessary elements. I still think it was a decent movie and overall I would recommend it. We are really looking forward to seeing Disney's new movie coming out next week, Enchanted. That one looks super cute!

On Sunday our church is having a huge Thanksgiving dinner. I'm sure it will be a good time! I signed up to make stuffing and cheesy carrots. Hopefully I don't mess anything up!! I love how this church goes all out to offer great family events. Everyone is so willing to pitch in and do their part! It's such a blessing to part of a such a wonderful church family.

Some exciting Allison news: She swam at swimming lessons on Wednesday without a bubble!! Yes indeed, she did it! She was jumping in without it and everything. Her teacher was always within arms reach. I was so proud of her! And sweet little miss was clearly proud of herself! I was really happy for her - what a big achievement! One more way my baby girl is growing up...

Can you even believe that Thanksgiving is next week?! We'll be headed to Maine - it's been too long since we've been up just to visit! We are all anxious to meet our new family member, little Chase! And, just in case I don't post again before the holiday I will leave you with this funny quote I read somewhere: On Thanksgiving - Gobble till you Wobble!!