Friday, May 11

Thunder

We had thunderstorms last night. My children freak out during t-storms. Apparently so does my dog. Lucy must've heard the thunder hours before we did because she was uneasy all evening. At bedtime she wouldn't sleep on her bed in my room, maybe because it's under the windows. Instead she slept next to Becky's bed on the floor. She even let out a bark or two. Silly pup. Then around midnight the thunder was loud enough to wake up sleeping children. Ed and I always wake up because we know we're about to see at least two of our girls standing in our doorway! Ed got up to close Allison's bedroom windows and when he went in she was already awake. "Daddy, I'm scared," she said in her sweet little voice. So he brought her to sleep with me. Poor little thing was trembling! She snuggled right up next to me and fell asleep almost instantly. Ed went to sleep in Katie's room because Katie is the biggest chicken of the three of them and she knows it! Becky was content to have Lucy in her room.
I hired someone to mow our lawn today. Ed doesn't know yet. He's been crazy busy at work and the riding mower we have is out of commission at the moment. I could get used to having someone (or two someones in this case) show up, weed wack and mow, and even blow away the grass clippings. They've been here about 15 minutes and they are just about done. Hmmm...Ed may like it TOO much!
Becky is home again today. She seems much better but she had a fever this morning. Since Allison is going to the doc today for an ear recheck I asked if Becky could be checked out too. I'm sure she's over the worst of whatever it was. I had a fever early last week and was achy but I was over it in a day or so. Maybe she has the same thing. Who knows.
Survivor was pretty good last night. I like Yao Man. I want him to win the million. He's played a smart game but he's been a nice person at the same time. Go Yao!
More sun and warm weather today. I hope this is just a taste of how nice a summer we're going to have!