Friday, May 11

One More Thing...

Top Ten Reasons to Adopt a Black Lab:

10. They are so easy to find in a snowstorm!
9. If you like to wear jeans a lot, black fur doesn't really show up as much as yellow!
8. Black and white photography is so much fun!
7. Their coats are so shiny and their teeth look whiter on a black background!
6. You and your new black lab will make a great fashion statement, as all the new hot collars look great on a black background!
5. You never know if they've been rolling in mud!
4. Makes a game of hide and seek in the dark, oh so challenging!
3. More likely to scare off a bad guy, before they lick the intruder to death!
2. You look so chic and accessorize so easily with a black lab. They match that little black dress or black pants that go with everything!
1. Walking a black lab makes you look 10 lbs thinner!

On a serious note, black Labs are the last adopted and are the first to be put to sleep...based on coat color alone. Please help change this. At Labs4rescue we say "Save a BLACK Lab, have a friend for life!"
I copy/pasted this from the Labs 4 Rescue website. I thought it was cute and it also reminded me that Lucy was once an unwanted dog. I can't imagine someone looking passed her sweet face and kind eyes. Apparently she was brought to adoption events and was overlooked, maybe because she was black vs. yellow or chocolate. It makes me feel sad for her. On the other hand, God was knew all along that she was meant for us that's why no one else could see how special she is.
On another note; Becky has strep throat. I tell you, I'm not getting any better at this being a mother thing that I've been doing for 12 plus years. The signs were there and I missed them. Poor kid. It's a good thing we were headed to the doc today. I wonder when it would've occured to me that she needed to go, if we hadn't gone today! Good Grief! And Allison has another ear infection. Same ear. We're trying a different antibiotic this time. The thinking is that maybe the Zythromax wasn't completely wiping out the infection so given enough time it comes back. We'll see. So two kiddos on medicine, FUN! I usually don't do a real good job of remembering to give it to them, especially for 10 DAYS!
Now click on the Labs 4 Rescue link over there -----> and admire the beautiful labs who need homes.