Thursday, May 10

Pet Peeve

Rebecca is home sick today. She has a slight fever and is generally not herself. She just wants to lounge around, she's dozed on and off, and she has no interest in getting off the couch. I hope it's nothing and she'll be better in the morning.
How about this weather, eh? It's been in the high 70's all week with full sun. YAY! It's even a bit muggy - my kind of weather! I've been working like crazy to get the pool cleaned up. There was quite a bit of debris that needed to be taken care of. My STUPID aqua bug is not working FOR SOME REASON and that's frustrating me ALOT! And I can't seem to get the chlorine up where it ought to be but I guess that's normal for the beginning of the season.
This weather is perfect for tank tops. They're just so comfy on a warm day, don't you think? I like tank tops but I do have a pet peeve when it comes to wearing them. Listen carefully. I'm telling you this because I care. Bra straps ARE NOT supposed to show. This is especially true if you are wearing the spaghetti strap kind of tank. It totally takes away from the tank top's cuteness if your UNDERWEAR is showing. Even if your bra somehow 'matches' the tank it's NO GOOD! Good grief, wear one that's strapless or something! I think Oprah needs to do some sort of intervention for bra showing tank top wearers!
I haven't gotten my first writing assignment back yet but I have started the next one. I'm having a little bit of trouble with it. Coming up with a good story idea seems to be the hardest part for me. It's so much easier if I'm told what to write about. The point of this assignment is to make sure we understand the fundamentals of story telling. I understand perfectly; getting going on a story is the hard part. I'm working on an idea and I keep telling myself that I may need to revise it a few times but I need to plug ahead and get the bones written down. I'll keep you posted.
No real surprise in Lakisha going home last night. I felt bad for her but she'll probably get her recording deal anyway. No we need to see Melinda go! DON'T VOTE FOR MELINDA! Don't you think every song she sings sounds EXACTLY the same?
I think it may be time for some ice cream. Edy's Drumstick is calling me from the freezer!