Thursday, February 15

Snow Day

Today is our second snow day in a row! The big Valentine's Day Blizzard of 2007 is officially over but the wind and blowing snow have made drifting a problem. I guess it's a big enough problem to cancel school in virtually the whole county. That's about 25 school districts, I'm guessing. The girls and I were outside in the middle of the storm yesterday afternoon. It was so much fun! The snow was blowing and the wind was howling but we were all dressed warmly and so we barely noticed how cold it really was! The girls stayed out for about 2 hours - I called it quits after about an hour. The snow was coming down too fast to bother shoveling. The girls did the front walkway but that's all we could accomplish. By the time Ed got home it was hard to tell anything had been shoveled. I love these pictures of Katie doing a somersault! She's so funny.


We aren't staying home again all day! We NEED to get out! I think we will head to Barnes and Noble and peruse the shelves and maybe have a yummy snack at their cafe. They sell a delicious carrot cake. By the way, our snowfall total comes in officially at 15 inches! WOWie!

Trust me, that is Rebecca peeking out of the hat and scarf! The big white splotches are snowflakes!

And Little Miss...She's winking because the snow is blowing into her eyes. She loved playing outside! Last winter she didn't enjoy it quite as much as she seems to this year.

My sweet Katie is 12 years old now. Her birthday was Saturday. She's such an awesome girl and I'm really proud of her. Never, in my best daydreams of motherhood (before I was a mom) did I imagine that being someone's mother could bring so much happiness to my life. It's hard too sometimes, really hard - but since it's Katie's birthday we're only focusing on the positive here! Sometimes when we're having a conversation I'm so amazed at the fact that she is so grown up already! How did that happen?? She's beginning to develop her own ideas and opinions on many things and I can see the impact of what we've been teaching her at home. My prayer is that she'll always have confidence in herself and what she believes whether, it follows the norm or not. I used to dread the pre teen and teenage years of parenting, but Katie is teaching me that it isn't something to dread, but rather something to enjoy - together. Happy Birthday to Katie!

Here's Katie and her soccer ball birthday cake that I made and Ed decorated. I didn't know he was so talented, hmmm...I may have a couple more birthday cakes for him to decorate!