Wednesday, February 7

Another Funny Allison Story

I was in the kitchen and Allison was in the family room. She was quiet and I was into whatever I was doing. A few minutes go by and Allison comes into the kitchen to tell me she was NOT running on the couch. She has been told countless times not to run, walk, hop, skip, etc. on the couch. It's a big sectional with lots of running space and apparently very tempting to a preschooler! I thought it was very interesting that she needed to tell me that she was NOT running on the couch, you know, in case I was wondering.
I said, "Allison, did you run on the couch?"
"No Mommy, I didn't run on the couch."
"Are you sure you didn't run on the couch?"
"Yes, I'm sure."
"You know you need to tell me the truth. "
"I am."
"You know Jesus can see all the things that we do, even when mommy's can't see. Did Jesus see you run on the couch?"
"Yes, but WHERE IS HE?"
Priceless....
I really wonder if she understood my point about telling the truth. I don't think so. She's funny about the whole 'God is everywhere' thing so that's what she focused on! So much for a lesson learned!