Monday, December 11

Gappy Grinned Girl

Notice anything MISSING in this smile? Rebecca is so proud of her gappy grin! She lost these two most recent teeth one right after the other. She was SO excited when the tooth fairy gave her $3 and some Skittles scented chap stick!


Allison and I made gingerbread cookies and sugar cookies the other day. Katie and Rebecca had some friends over on Sunday for a cookie decorating party and I baked the cookies ahead of time. I thought it would be fun for Allison to cut out the cookies. She had more fun scooping the flour into little piles. That's what she's doing in this picture. See her little pile?


I snapped this picture of me and Ally! She was so willing to cooperate while I tried to get a decent picture! The party was a lot of fun, although we all ate WAY too many cookies!

Yesterday was Rebecca's first b-ball game. She did GREAT! Ed and I were so impressed with how she played! At first she stood with her hands folded in front of her and she would only walk quickly from one end of the court to the other instead of running. And if you know Becky you can just picture her prissy girl walk! Too funny. Then she started to really get into it! She's a great little rebounder! She needs to work on her shooting but she's totally getting the basics! It was really fun to watch!

Katie was selected to be a student of the month at her school! I guess the teachers select the kids based on their overall attitude and willingness to work hard and treat others kindly. It's such a good feeling as a parent to know that your child is being the kind of person you're hoping they'll be. Not just hoping...training, praying, disciplining them to be. It's a lot of work! But oh so worth it! She also made the Honor Roll. We're proud of her. I will continue to pray for her and train her and discipline her as she heads down the road of adolescence! And HOPEFULLY we'll all come through it relatively unscathed!

I found a shirt for the snooty snoot party. It's pretty basic but has a definite holiday look. I got a great necklace, earrings, and bracelett to gussy it up a bit! Now shoes...

We're REALLY liking our new church! The girls are enjoying their Sunday school classes and the children's church. They are going to participate in the Christmas Eve program and sing on Sunday morning. I think they are doing some sort of skit. I hope Allison will do it! We're starting to settle in and get to know more folks, and they're getting to know us. It's nice.

Amazing Race - the models won. They raced a good race and were fun to watch. My favorite team from this season were the couple from Kentucky! I'll never forget when the wife was talking about one of the other teams who happened to be a gay couple and she said, " I've never met no homosexuals before! I kinda like 'em. " Classic!

NCIS and The Unit are still pretty good - but I just get so irritated when there's a rerun on!! That's when I resort to Deal or No Deal!! Or worse yet, Friends reruns on TBS! There have been some cute Christmas movies on ABC Family so I've been watching a bit of that as well.

I haven't read a good book in awhile. The last GOOD book I read was by Neil Gammon. It was...I have NO idea what it was called! But it was good. Fantasy fiction stuff, which I don't usually go for. Joshilyn Jackson better get a new book out SOON!

12 SHOPPING DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! If you're going to order anything else online, you'd better get to it!!! Me too!