Saturday, October 7

This and That



I came across this picture the other day of Becky and Katie. Two things strike me about it: 1. Their smiles are just alike; so are their eyes, and 2. In this picture Becky is the age Allison is now and Katie is the age Becky is now, 3 and 7. I was about 5 months pregnant with Allison when this was taken. How the time flies!!

We are enjoying another beautiful autumn weekend. Katie's team won both of their games today. They play two more games tomorrow. If they win at least one more game they'll advance to the finals on Monday. Nothing like an action packed soccer game on a bright, crisp, fall day!

I think Ed's dad is enjoying his visit with us. It's nice having him here. In some ways, being away from our family has made the time we're together more meaningful. My girls have never gotten to spend this kind of one on one time with their Grampa Cook before. They are enjoying being with him. I hope, however, that they don't start saying "Holy Crap!"

Dick's Sporting Goods opened this weekend! I love Dick's Sporting Goods! They have an awesome selection of, well, everything for sports! It may just become one of my favorite stores! I think I like it so much because shopping with Katie is easy there. If you haven't shopped with an 11 year old girl lately, you can't possibly understand the magnitude of that statement, and you should count your blessings! If you have shopped with an 11 year old girl lately you totally get what I'm talking about!

Ballet didn't happen yesterday. I couldn't even convince Allison to put her ballet clothes on let alone actually go to class! We're going to try the Wednesday class next week. We'll see what happens!