Thursday, October 5

LOST

Okay. So is Juliet, Desmond's former fiance? I'm trying to figure out the connection with her. Her speech about "Free Will" at the start of the show makes me think she may turn from the dark side that is "the others" and come to Jack's rescue. I have to admit it took me about 3/4 of the show to really get into it, and now as usual, I'm anxiously awaiting next week's episode.
Tonight is Survivor. I will say that I'm not as hooked as usual this season. It's all interesting enough to keep me watching. I have no favorites yet, no predictions, it's too early.
The Unit is wicked good! A must watch if you haven't yet. Tuesdays at 9:00. Check it out.
Okay - enough TV talk.
I made an appointment for Becky and Allison at the Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boutique in Disney World. They will have their hair, shimmery makeup, and nails done! The boutique is owned by the Fairy Godmother and Fairy Godmothers in training provide the services. How cute is that! Katie isn't interested in getting made up although she realizes and appreciates how fun it will be for her sisters and she's looking forward to being there. After being beautified, they will wear their princess dresses and off we'll go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Magic Kingdom. Katie is going as...A Soccer Player - big surprise there! It's a really fun time where the kids get to trick or treat in the park, there's practically no lines for the coolest rides and the Magic Kingdom is beautiful at night!
Today in the car Allison and I had a cute conversation. We were admiring the gorgeous foliage all across the mountains.
Allison: "There's bears in the mountains."
Me: "Yes there are."
Allison: "Bears are scary. Do you think so?"
Me: "Yes I do."
Allison: "Daddy is not scared. He'll hit the bear with his sword! Daddy has a blue sword. You can hit him with your pink sword."
And then onto something different...
Allison: "I like my new shoes..."
I gotta tell you, last week when I was helping in Allison's class I observed the cutest thing. During playtime the boys were all hammering and sawing to make a pretend house. The girls were playing dress up and making pretend food. Then the girls went over and offered food to the boys! It was so stereotypical yet so natural! I got a kick out of the whole scene! It kind of goes along with Allison's idea that boys have blue swords and girls have pink. Then of course, the scene changed and everyone got to building the house, the girls still in their dresses and high heels, and now some of the boys in their fireman outfits - too cute!
The ballet saga continues. I talked to the school director and if Allison can't participate tomorrow we'll try a different class next week. I actually tried to get her into the different class this week but the director didn't call me back until after that class had already met, so we couldn't set it up. She's very upbeat about going tomorrow...we'll see. Several people have offered their encouragement and words of wisdom which have been very helpful! Can you imagine!, so much drama over a preschool ballet class! Who'd have thought.
Another soccer tournament this weekend! Every three day weekend since Memorial Day we've had a soccer tournament. We never have to wonder how we'll keep busy... The weather is supposed to be perfect and it's close to home so it'll be fun. Ed's dad is coming down. It'll be nice having him here to see Katie play.
Here's a funny mind tricker I got via e-mail. Sit down and hold your right foot in the air moving your foot in a clockwise direction. At the same time, draw a number six in the air with your right hand. Go ahead, try it... Can't do it can you. Let me guess, your foot automatically changes direction! It's impossible, not to mention pretty funny! Try it again, and again, and again, and have a great day!