Friday, October 13

Field Trip

Allison and I went apple picking with her preschool class this week. While it was overcast, the temperature was around 60 and the views were still gorgeous. I wish the day had been clear because the foliage was at peak this week and the colors were the most beautiful I have ever seen. I love the apple trees in the foreground of this picture (left). I hope some of the colors will show up in these pictures.





Here's another view from the hayride we were on. More beautiful rolling hills and mountains, covered by amazing and brilliant color. Lots of times I wish we lived someplace that is warm and green all the time. And then sometimes I look around me and I can't imagine living anywhere else.








Allison had a blast picking apples. There were "Honey Crisp" apples at the orchard. I'd never heard of those kind before. We didn't get to try any but I hear they are very sweet and delicious. When we ask Allison about her field trip she talks about how she and her friends played Ring Around the Rosie and how she pretended to be a kangaroo. Funny how that's her favorite part.


We are headed south this afternoon. I'm all packed. After I bring Lucy to the "pet resort" I will give the house the once over and be ready to go. I don't like to come home to a "needs to be cleaned" house.
I got out the camcorder last night to charge it up for the trip. The tape in the camera was started in January 2004! YIKES! That means I haven't been taping my children very much! Shame on me!! We will be doing quite a bit of taping next week!

On another note, we have dropped out of our ballet class. We tried the Wednesday class and Allison was pretty excited about going. She went in to dance with no problem but after a minute or so she came running out very upset. Poor thing. She just can't do it. Errrr that Miss Vickie!! I believe she sucked the wind right out of Allison's ballet sails and pretty much ruined it for her!!! Oh well, not much I can do now. The other thing I noticed is that Allison was having a hard time sleeping at night for about a week and a half. When I told her she didn't have to do ballet anymore she was glad about it and has been sleeping well ever since. Hmmm...I feel bad that she's had this stress on her mind. We've signed up for gymnastics, which we did last spring. Hopefully she'll feel comfortable enough to go in to the gym and participate. She's definitely having some separation anxiety issues. I think the ballet thing sort of magnified the separation anxiety but it isn't completely to blame for it. Must be a phase, right?

I will have the laptop with us on vacation and I will try to do a post or two. Until then, great day to all.