Tuesday, August 1

Here's a fun picture of Becky flying her kite at Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth. If you've never been there you ought to go. There's picnic tables, a small beach, lots of wide open spaces for kite flying or kickball, and of course, the beautiful Portland Head Light.


I just love candid shots and this one of Little Miss is a new favorite of mine. I love those curls just a-blowin' in the breeze!

We are under an excessive heat warning today and tomorrow. Hmmm...the heat index will be in the 105 degree range! The low temps for tonight and tomorrow night is only in the low 70's and extremely humid. I'm not complaining, but I do wish I had central air. I've got the house closed up and shades closed, which does make a difference. Then later this evening I'll open things up again and put the window fans in the bedrooms. The girls and I are heading to the mall this afternoon to beat the heat and do some school supply shopping. Then it's off to Katie and Becky's first piano lesson. After that it's pool time! I'm trying a new recipe at supper tonight. It sounds delicious and requires no cooking, maybe we'll have chicken salad sandwiches with it.

Corn Salad

1/4 c. minced fresh basil

3 T. olive oil

2 tsp. lime juice

1 tsp. sugar

1/2 tsp. slat

1/4 tsp. pepper

2 c. frozen corn thawed ( or use fresh sweet corn)

2 c. cherry tomatoes halved

1 c. chopped seeded peeled cucumber

In a jar combine the basil, oil, lime juice, sugar, salt, and pepper: shake well. In a large bowl combine, corn, toms, and cukes. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Refridgerate until serving. 6 servings.

How much more simple could it be? I'll let you know if the kiddos like it.

My friend Heather posted about the trials of a three year old on her blog about 2 weeks ago. I'm so glad to be reminded that it isn't just my child who is difficult to deal with! Allison has always had a bit of a volatile personality but lately it's magnified! It's more like spontaneous combustion! One minute she's fine then she's literally exploded over something seemingly small! Some things I know make her crazy, like shopping or having to stay out of her sisters' rooms. But other times we're going about our day and she freaks out about EVERY LITTLE THING! Three years old is do much harder than two years old! Give me a house full of two year olds anyday over one three year old! Katie and Becky were the same way! I have documented proof! I wouldn't change a thing about my little miss even if I could. I know that this head strong determination she has can be an asset in her life, with God's help. And eventually she'll turn FOUR!

Stay cool!