Wednesday, August 2

Recipe Review

Just a quick post to tell you not to bother with the corn salad recipe I posted yesterday. While it was very pretty and easy to make it lacked any real flavor. Katie gave it a good try but just wasn't interested. Allison picked all the cucumbers out and ate them. And Becky wouldn't even try it. Ed and I liked it all right, but weren't overly impressed.

We're now on a smoothie kick. I dug out our blender (which we got as a wedding gift, and looks like new) and have been going to town making fruit smoothies. We tried making them with ice but most recipes I've found call for frozen fruit instead, hmmm...we'll be trying that.

Another hot day tomorrow with slightly lower temps (low 90's). Katie and Becky are both having friends over in the afternoon to swim - it's always more fun to play in the pool with lots of people. Maybe we'll get a good game of Marco Polo going. Even Allison gets in on the action.

Speaking of Allison...Yesterday while we were in the car heading somewhere Allison did not want to go, she had her daily melt down. On and on she went while I kept on driving. Finally after several minutes of ranting and raving she says, "YOU'RE A PANCAKE!" It was all I could do to keep from bursting with laughter! I guess being a pancake is pretty bad, because she was pretty mad when she said it. After that she was quiet and good as gold. Go figure.

Here's a picture of Becky and Allison on one of the rides at Funtown. I'm sure Becky is explaining something to Allison.