Wednesday, May 10

A New Look

What do you think of my blog's new look? I like the softness of it. There were a lot of choices so I use this one for now and maybe change again eventually.

My friend Heather just started a blog. On it she decided to post some of her favorite recipes from time to time. I hope you don't mind Heath, but I may borrow that idea! I thought I might put down some of my girls' favorite meals. Moms are always looking for something quick and easy to make for dinner on those busy nights, and finding something that our kids will like is tricky.

Mondays are all about getting back into the weekly routine. I'm not real good at getting back into the cooking routine so this week I didn't cook, I assembled dinner. We had tuna wraps. Couldn't be simpler.

1 package burrito size tortillas
shredded lettuce
chopped tomatoes
shredded cheese
italian dressing
3 cans tuna mixed with mayo and whatever you usually put in it

Spread the tuna on the tortillas. Layer lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese. Sprinkle with dressing and wrap it up.

My girls loved dinner. All three of them ~ that's the cool part. And I think we covered the food group bases!

It's supposed to rain for the next 4 or 5 days. Yuck. I suppose we need it. This will probably delay my pool installation, hmph. I did switch the order from 18' to 20' by the way.

Becky's fish tank is all set up. We put 6 fish in it on Sunday, 4 of them are dead. We may be doing something wrong. I warned Beck in advance not to get attached to them, fish die pretty easily, so what does she do?, she gives them all names. I don't know about her...

Tomorrow is MOPS. Allison and I are looking forward to it. I'll be sure and share any bits of wisdom I gain from the video series we're doing.

I'm reading "The Five Love Languages of Children" right now. It's very insightful. I have not determined my children's love languages yet. I'm having a hard time keeping at reading the book. I definately prefer a good piece of historical fiction, but I'm sure this book will have great information, I just need to keep at it.

Anyone watching Survivor? Who's going to win the million? My guess is Terry. If Cerie doesn't win immunity this week I think they'll vote her off. No one could win against her in the final two. Final two will be Aras and Terry. We'll see. I like this Survivor series, the players have been interesting.

What about Lost? Are Ana Lucia and Libby really dead? Why did Michael shoot them? I will say that I love the show but it does require a fair amount of puzzle solving. I'm not good at that. I enjoy it for the entertainment factor. Sometimes I figure something out or see where the plot is going but for the most part, not so much. Plus it's on at 9 p.m.. My mind is pretty much shut down by then, sad to say.

And let's not forget Deal or No Deal. Just once I'd like to see someone play the whole thing out, no deals! Howie Mandal is pretty funny and most of the contestants are likeable enough.

Good grief, what am I going to do all summer when these shows aren't on!!??

Allison's napping and I think it may be time for a bowl of Cookie Crisp. Great day to all!