Saturday, May 13

A Day Out West

We headed west today to the big city of Albany, NY. Why, you ask, did we go to Albany? Shopping, of course. There's a very nice mall with two levels, a great selection of food, and several stores we all enjoyed. We spent the better part of the day there. It's about an hour from our house. Allison's favorite store was Pottery Barn Kids, where they have lots of cool toys to play with. Becky would probably say the Disney Store, and Katie seemed to enjoy the sports memorabilia store. My favorite was Coach where I picked out my mother's day present! There's also a huge DSW shoe store. We've never been in one of those before, it was pretty cool, tons of shoes to choose from! Poor Ed, he just goes with the flow. I will say the man definately has a thing for shoe stores. He and my mother have that in common. Another fun stop was Harry & David. We all got to sample some delicious truffles, YUM! We ate at Bugaboo Creek which we've not done before. It was very good. I had the Timberline Turkey burger and Ed and Katie had the Quesadillas. Allison and Becky had Mac & Cheese. A fun day.

I now carry a Massachusetts driver's license. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I mean, am I now entitled to drive crazy or do I have to wait until we put the Mass plates on the van? Maybe some of you think I drive bad now. Anyway, one thing some people might like about MA driver's licenses is that they don't put your weight on them. I also got to pick the picture they put on my license. I didn't like the first one so the very nice lady took another. It'll do fine for the next five years!

My very talented and sweet daughter wrote a lovely poem for Mother's Day. I thought you all would enjoy it. Happy Mother's Day!

The love of are mothers we take for granted
Sometimes forgetting the footsteps they've planted
They love us so much but we few times forget
To thank them for all there hard acts and yet
They do all they can to help have fun
To help us to learn to skip,jump and run
They cheer us up when we are bullied by others
So lets give a hand to are wonderful mothers
by Katie Cook