Tuesday, May 16

Mother's Day





I promised some pictures from Mom's day. Here's my gift from Katie. She made me a book of poems that she's written. There was about 6 of them. What a treasure!


This is the beautiful apron that Becky made for me at school. Isn't it pretty. I love that her teachers had such a thougthful idea. What a special keepsake.

Allison and Katie went in together for a Willow Tree angel. This is the welcoming angel. I had one but I broke it when I was so carefully packing my angels to move! Oops. I'm glad to have a replacement.

Me and my cute girls. Don't you love their bed head and fresh from bed looks!?

My blog has been rather uninspiring lately... I will try to improve.

First of all, the DaVinci Code movie comes out this week, I think. I have not read the book so my knowledge comes from what I've read about it or have been told about it. It is pretty controversial. Our Pastor preached a message about the "Code" this past Sunday. He encouraged us, as believers and followers of Christ, to be prepared to answer some of the false ideas the movie presents about Jesus and Christianity. I receive a daily e-mail from Pastor Dave which expands on Sunday's message. Today he addressed the claim that Jesus and Mary Magdalene were married. The Bible does not say they were married. It does however, talk about their relationship. Mary met Jesus when she was being tormented by demons. Jesus cast 7 demons out of her. She was so grateful she devoted her life to serving Him. She was with Him as He travelled during His ministry and provided some financial support as well. Mary Magdalene had experienced Jesus' divine power first hand and knew He was God's Son. She loved Him as her Lord. She was also the first to see Jesus after He was resurrected! He told her to go and tell the other disciples that she had seen Him; He trusted her to do as He commanded. The scripture references Pastor Dave used were: Luke 8:1-3, Matthew 27: 55 - 61, & John 20: 11-18. Very interesting. Sometimes stories that create controversy, especially religious controversy, can shake the foundation of our faith. Don't let that happen, be prepared to handle the fictitious claims with solid answers from history's most read Book, the Bible. - - - Enough soap box...

Hi Traycee! I loved your comment. It cracked me up!

You won't believe this but I just saw the sun!!! It's been raining or overcast for days. It isn't going to last but I'm glad to see it just the same. I hope all of you in Maine are holding up okay with all the flooding that's been going on.

Katie's friend Ericka is coming to Pioneer Club tomorrow night with us! I'm so happy that her parents are letting her come.

Time to start getting the kiddos ready for bed.