Monday, May 15

Another Mall

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. We were planning to go to Katie's soccer game but it got rained out. We went to the Holyoke Mall in Springfield instead. I know, I know, more shopping. Unfortunately none of us really liked this mall. It was smaller than the one in Albany and just not as nice. The highlight of the day, as you probably guessed, had to do with food. We went to Border's Books just outside the mall and had a yummy snack at the cafe there. Allison and Becky had gigantic sugar cookies, Katie had a gourmet cinnamon roll warmed up, I had a very delicious piece of walnut carrot cake, and Ed had a frappa latte something or other, which looked very good. We were all in a good mood when we left to head home! I will post pictures soon of the thoughtful gifts the girls gave me. Both Katie and Becky made the gifts and they were so excited for me to have them!

How 'bout them gas prices, eh?! I needed gas last week when it was pouring out, but I didn't want to stand outside and pump it. I remembered seeing a full service station next to the post office so I headed there, although I felt bad making someone else stand outside to pump my gas. Anyway, there was a self serve place across the street and it cost $.04 more per gallon than the full service place. Talk about a no brainer. Even with my huge savings I spent $53 to fill my tank! Ouch!

Allison is no longer wearing pull ups to bed. YAY! She hasn't needed them for awhile but wanted to wear them just the same. I let our most recent package run out and figured she'd handle it. She was a little resistant but when she realized that she was being "like Becky" she was more than willing to give up the pull ups.

The pool man called last night. It seems with all the rain we've had lately, he is weeks behind schedule. Hmmm, will we still have a pool before summer vacation? I hope so.

I watched Rumor Has It with Jennifer Aniston and Kevin Costner. It was cute. Entertaining. And if you like Aniston or Costner you'll like this movie.


This is a picture of the waterfall in our town. It's also where we placed our first letterbox. We went in April when my parents were here. I bet it's even prettier now that things are in bloom.