Wednesday, May 17

Answered Prayers


I was having one of those moments when I was stressed about silly things. I made a doctor's appointment for myself, but didn't know who was going to watch my kids. Then I started thinking, "I don't know anyone I could ask to watch my kids at all!" Now I was really stressed. Being the spiritual giant that I am (ha, ha) I immediately began to pray about it, right? No. I was awake half the night. The next day I finally figured out that I should pray about it. That same afternoon I got an e-mail from my sister-in-law in Maine about dates to come for a visit. One of the dates is the day of my appointment...hmmm. I e-mailed her back to ask if she'd mind watching them, and of course, she said she would! Then today a lady from MOPS called to ask if I'd like to be part of a babysitting co-op where those of us in the group would take turns watching each others children for appointments or evenings out with our husbands! I was surprised and really happy she called. God is good and He continually amazes me. I shouldn't be surprised that He cares about my little problems but somehow I am.

I have a couple of recommendations I'd like to pass along. First, the Summer Slices candle from Village Candle is wonderful. A deliciously light smell, perfect for summertime. Secondly, Yogos, yogurt covered fruit drops. Yummy. You'll find them with the granola bars and gummy fruit snacks at the grocery store. My girls really like them. Also, Crayola Color Wonder fingerpaints! They don't make a mess anywhere. They only work on the Color Wonder paper. Perfect for road trips, appointments, watching older siblings play sports, etc.


Here's Allison and her Color Wonder finger paints.


I have a new recipe that I tried about a week ago. It was a huge hit with the whole family. I found it in Family Fun magazine. Enjoy.

Grilled Chicken Tostadas

Marinade:
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (3 or 4 limes)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil (plus more for brushing on the tortillas)
1 Tblsp. honey
2 tsp. minced garlic

Tostadas:
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used 3 boneless breasts and it was fine)
8 small corn tortillas (5 to 6 inches in diameter)
1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese, or more if desired
1 1/1 cups shredded lettuce

Optional toppings:
salsa, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, green onions

Put chicken in large ziploc bag and add marinade ingredients. Refridgerate at least 4 hours, overnight is best. Turn bag occasionally. Remove meat 20 minutes before grilling.

Set gas grill to medium high heat and let the grill get hot.

Remove chicken from bag, discard marinade. Grill chicken about 4 - 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink inside. Transfer to a cutting board and let it rest for 5 minutes before cutting into 1/2 inch strips.

Lightly brush tortillas with vegetable oil and grill on each side until lightly browned. Remove from heat and sprinkle tortillas with cheese.

To serve, layer tortillas with lettuce, chicken, remaining cheese, and any additional toppings.
Serves 6 - 8 people.