Tuesday, May 23

Ed's Birthday


Today is my husband's birthday. It's funny how birthdays can make us think about the people in our lives. When I think about Ed I think about the kind of father and husband he is. I could never ask for anyone more wonderful. As a dad he's silly and funny, always ready to play, attentive, and supportive. He understands the importance of his role in the lives of our daughters and he tries to be just what they need. They each need different things from him and he totally gets that. I'm so glad for the kind of dad he is. As a husband, he's supportive, and thoughtful, helpful, my teammate and my friend. He never forgets special occasions and he doesn't complain when the laundry isn't done, the dinner isn't cooked, or I shop too much. He's a wonderful husband, I love him. We've known each other 17 + years and I sometimes wonder how it's been that long. Then I look at the time in smaller increments and see how much has happened in that time. I look where we've been, what we've accomplished together, the goals we've achieved, and I feel proud of him, proud of us and our family. I am richly blessed to share my life with such a wonderful person. Happy Birthday Ed, I love you.

Ed painted clown faces on the girls at Halloween.

Check out the goofy head lamp Ed's wearing while we're camping.

He's a pretty good juggler. The girls are fascinated by his amazing talent!