Monday, April 24

More House Pictures

Thought I'd post some more pictures...


This is the master bedroom. Check out those curtains! I hung them myself using Ed's DRILL. I think I need my own drill...I can see why guys like power tools!


This is Allison's bedroom. It's a very pretty pastel pink, which I'm not sure you can see in the picture. Her first pair of shoes is hanging between the windows. Even though she's ready to be all grown up I can still hold onto those baby days.

This is our family room. It is right off the kitchen which I love since it's where we hang out the most and we can all be together. It's a nice big space and it has a great fireplace on the far left wall. I can imagine our "stockings hung by the chimney with care" this Christmas.

So there's a few more pictures of the inside of the house. As you can see I still have plenty of decorating to do. It's been fun so far. I don't think there is a room in the house that I would say is done yet. That's okay. Linda H. once told me that it takes a year, at least, to be completely settled. I hope it won't take a year but it makes me feel like I'm doing well when I remember that.

Different subject...We are planning a pizza party for Katie and her friends next week. I'm looking forward to having her friends here and meeting them and putting names with faces. I've been having a hard time with this part of our move. I knew Katie's friends in Maine pretty well. I had lunch with them all every Wednesday. I liked knowing them and feeling connected to Katie's life at school. There hasn't been any oppurtunity to really meet the girls here so we decided to host a party. I've also told Katie she should invite friends over after school. Hopefully some of these efforts will pay off. I'll keep you posted.

The pastor from the E-Free church we've been attending is coming to visit tonight with his wife. I'm looking forward to it. It'll be nice to get to know them better. They have Pioneer Club at the church and the girls will try it out this week I think. I can't quite refer to it as our church yet. I'm not sure why, it's not like we're still looking around. As of the annual meeting at Berean we are no longer members there. Does that mean Berean isn't our church anymore? No church is OUR church! I'm kidding, I'm not too worried about the technicalities.

I think my brother in law is hooked on letterboxing. He and our niece were going out this afternoon to find some boxes. Have any of the rest of you tried it out yet? I'm telling you, you gotta try it...

We saw "The Wild" this weekend. It was cute. The girls enjoyed it and that's why we went, for them. So the fact that it reminded me of "Madagascar" but not as good, doesn't really matter. The animation was awesome, best I've seen. I'll say 3 out of 5 stars, 1 1/2 thumbs up, better than sitting home on a rainy Saturday afternoon.

Speaking of rain...it's rained here for the last three days. Sunday poured, with wind. If our house wasn't on the side of a big hill I'd consider building an ark! On the bright side...no sea breeze...Love ya dad.