Saturday, May 29

My Favorite Store(s)

I think I've said it before but just in case I haven't - Home Goods/TJ Maxx is/are my favorite stores. Lately I've been finding the best stuff -home stuff - at both places. Stuff for the bathroom, stuff for the kitchen, stuff for the living room. It's GREAT! Just yesterday Ed and I went looking for a new rug to go in our living room. Home Goods was the first place we looked and we found just the right one. Here it is:

Brown and tan shag. Feels SO good on bare feet. Neutral enough to go with lots of stuff. For instance, next on my redecorating plan is new throw pillows and curtains for the living room. Been saying that for awhile. But the rug is a good start.

Lucy had a terrible day yesterday. She apparently hurt her leg somehow and was limping. She was SO uncomfortable and pretty pathetic. I even called the vet to get her some pain meds. I told Becky and Allison that Lucy is sick. I explained that her sickness is the kind that won't go away and that we really don't know how long she'll be around. Becky seemed okay. Allison was very matter of fact about it. I didn't get all deep and detailed - just the basics. There will more time to talk about it as she gets more sick. However, today she's completely like her old self. Her leg seems fine and she wants to play. Becky even took her for a little walk. I guess that's how it'll be - some good days and some bad. I don't much like the bad days.

Shop Talk: I think I get discouraged too easily. Rejection letters are the nature of the writing business and I totally get that. That doesn't make it any easier to get them though. I got two in the same day. That was a bad mail day. Since then I haven't mailed anything else out. That's what happens; I get discouraged and don't submit anything to anywhere until I get over it, I guess. I've said before that market research is NOT fun -it can be so tedious and seemingly unproductive. Finding the right place to send in submissions can be very difficult and I guess that's the part I'm struggling with. So, for now I'm writing my story my way. My fabulous critique group will offer amazing words of insight and wisdom. I'll make the changes. Then I'll search for a home for it. I have many ideas rolling around in my head - more than I've had before. Not sure how to or if I should work on more than one idea at a time. I'll have to ask the ladies in my group what they think. So there. That's that.

I'm getting really excited about my 20th High School Reunion! It's next month. I'm not sure how I've been out of high school for twenty years when I remember it like it was yesterday, literally. It will be a blast I'm sure. Friends are coming from all over to be there, friends I haven't seen in years. I'm looking forward to catching up face to face!

That about covers things for now... Happy Weekend!